iDirect Government unveils the 9050 OM ruggedized satellite router
(7 May 2018 - iDirect Government) iDirect Government (iDirectGov) today unveiled its 9050 OM ruggedized satellite router. The 9050 OM features enhanced security, military environmental standards and improved functionality in a ruggedized form factor for operation in harsh outdoor environments.
A 950mp integrated satellite router board resides at the heart of the 9050 OM, which protects the board from the elements including blowing rain or dusty conditions.
Powered by Evolution 4.2 software, the 9050 OM can operate in harsh environments in temperatures ranging from -40°F to +131°F. While en route to a mission, the 9050 OM can survive a parachute jump from 25,000 feet or be submerged in water, and still be able to operate once it reaches its final destination.
The 9050 OM features are as follows:
- Transmit Key Line, to lower battery consumption and extend the mission as needed
- Blackout switch to turn off all LEDs for discrete operations
- Single data connector to support two LAN ports, console, GPS input, and Transmit Key Line
- Antenna pointing meter to ensure the satellite terminal is properly peaked
- Passively cooled – no powered fans required to cool down the product while in operation
- External power supply designed for outdoor use along with the product
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 Level 3 certified
- Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) certification ready
“This is going to drastically change the way operators work in the field,” said John Ratigan, President of iDirect Government. “Gone are the days of lugging around heavy transit cases in inclement weather and remote locations – our 9050 OM is durable, compact and powerful, enabling our 950mp satellite router board to send critical information over the airwaves without overheating or experiencing a failure in the field. Our engineers designed and tested this solution so that the men and women who defend our nation can communicate seamlessly in order to complete their mission and keep us safe.”
About iDirect Government
iDirect Government, LLC a wholly owned subsidiary of VT iDirect, Inc., delivers secure satellite-based voice, video and data applications with anytime and anywhere connectivity in the air, at sea and on land. iDirect Government’s advanced satellite IP solutions are used for critical ISR, airborne, maritime and COTM communications to support force protection, logistics, situational awareness, disaster recovery and emergency response. Building on more than 15 years of global satellite communications experience, iDirect Government provides the most bandwidth-efficient, scalable and highly secure platform to meet specialized applications of multiple federal, state and local government agencies, including the Department of Defense, both domestically and abroad. iDirect Government is headquartered in Herndon, Va.